So you’ve arrived at your uni halls and want to hook up your NOW TV box as it’s a cheap way to watch Sky TV and get the iPlayer, ITV Player, All4, Demand 5 and YouTube on your TV without an aerial.
However you’ve hit a problem, although your NOW TV box can see the hall wifi you get Error Code 014 and have nowhere to enter your username and password.
So what can you do about it? Well for £15.99 you can get a HooToo® TripMate Nano Wireless Router which when in bridge mode will connect to your hall wifi, get past the username and password prompt and then create a second wifi network for your devices to use.
- Turn the HooToo on and wait for the blue light to appear.
- On a laptop (or mobile) connect to the wifi access point called TripMate-XXXX with the password 11111111 (unless you’ve previously changed it)
- Visit http://10.10.10.254/ on your laptop.
- You’ll reach the admin screen for the HooToo. Enter the HooToo username and password (defaults are admin and no password).
- Select Network Settings > Internet > Wireless Access.
- Press the Scan button and in the drop down you should see your halls SSID or wireless network name.
- Leave the password blank if you don’t normally have one here.
- Hit save.
- Open another browser tab and visit any website.
- You should now be prompted for your halls username and password, enter them here.
- Your HooToo should now have access to the internet.
- Turn on your NOW TV box and head to the WiFi settings screen.
- Select TripMate-XXXX and enter the password 11111111.
- Select the Connect button.
- Your NOW TV box should then get the three green ticks.
- Watch away 😀
- Your hall wifi might need you to re-enter your username and password on a regular basis (say every 24 hours) you’ll need to use your laptop or phone to do this.
- You get lots of buffering, if this happens unfortunately the speeds provided aren’t fast enough, you need at least 3MBps.