…or how to block adverts like AdBlockPlus does except on your Windows Mobile phone whilst using Opera Mobile.
Having used both AdBlock+ and Greasemonkey on Firefox, one of the things I noticed missing on Google Chrome was the ability to hide the adverts.
The answer is yes 🙂
Simple steps to enabling:
- Download the Opera AdSweep.js file from AdSweep.org (I suggest on a computer instead of your phone).
- Using which ever filemanager you prefer (I like Total Commander) create a userjs folder in your Opera directory. On my phone using Opera Mobile 9.7 it was \Program Files\Opera Mobile\profile
- Copy AdSweep.js from your computer in to your userjs folder on the phone.
- In Opera Mobile, type opera:config (no http) in the address bar.
- Under User Prefs you should find the following three options:
Make sure you press Save at the end
- Close Opera (if you have Widgets running and even if you don’t you may prefer a soft reset).
Next time you open Opera you should find adverts start to disappear.